Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Coward is Exposed by a Bad Trip: Day 2

I gave two dictionary definitions last time,
now I will share in my own words and a handful of quotes.
Then I will continue on with some stories of how cowardice has been understood and lived in my life.
Read what you want to and skip ahead at any time,
because I like to write as if every reader was just like me.

Let's begin.

Cowardice:
Cowardice is protection for fear. Cowardice is not seeing me for my fears and calling my self out into the open to challenge them. Cowardice is where fear finds a silent hiding place. A coward struggles to avoid death and finds the longest way to death. When the coward meets death, nothing was risked because all risk was avoided - the life of a coward ends with nothing gained, save for their regrets from risking nothing at all to live comfortably within their fear. A coward's home is fear itself, where life is about comfort and convenience. Cowardice is the most sound reasoning in a world made of fear. Cowardice does not appear, because it disappears when it is lived = cowardice is when one will not face one's self. Especially in moments of life or death where something is to be risked and much can be lost. Cowardice keeps things the way they are and if nothing else, seeks to keep self the way self is. Cowardice is a response to some perceived threat of self, a response that weakens the being yet the being is often believing that it somehow preserves them. Cowardice is the status quo for the system to maintain itself. Without cowardice, all of humanity could bear the forgiveness neccessary to end all suffering. Without cowardice, we could face each other without weapons and threatening negotiations. Without cowardice, we could act in spite of our fears and bring about solutions on earth. Cowardice is an embracing of fear that believes everything it says and pulls the strings on paranoia.


The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty.
George S. Patton


Our doubts are traitors, 
and make us lose the good we oft might win, 
by fearing to attempt.
William Shakespeare

Staying silent is like a slow growing cancer to the soul and a trait of a true coward. There is nothing intelligent about not standing up for yourself. You may not win every battle. However, everyone will at least know what you stood for—YOU.
Shannon L. Alder

There is but one coward on earth, and that is the coward that dare not know. 
W.E.B. Du Bois
A coward is someone who goes for convenience rather than convictions.
Unknown

__

"where everything, including me, was trying to kill me.."
Yes, let's see.. I was left with something much more than a memory of what I went through. I felt something in "me" was permanently gone that had been "me", critical to "me", for so long.
I was looking for something to face within myself and found a form of death in me. I dare say I realized how dead I already was, and thus all my feelings, ideas, beliefs of the "life" I knew vanished.
I found an ever present fear in me that was always accessible and that fear killed "me", or at least the "me" that was somehow able to live ignorantly unaware of the fear. How much fear is to be uncovered in all of us? How much fear is to be realized? What of this world isn't out of fear?
I didn't realize this stuff in these practical terms at the time. My understanding looked like what happens when you uncover a volcanoe of fear deep within while extremely high on psychedelics.
I freaked the fuck out, this fear I saw in me is everywhere.
Our biology is practically designed out of the fear of death - it is at the heart of this "life"!
My gift from psychedelics was not the "love" and "light" everyone else seemed to find.
My gift was THE FEAR and ALL THE INSANITY within me - that is within us.
And so I ran from myself for all sorts of relief,
where will this coward go now that he can see?

I want to be clear that it wasn't like I was never a coward before.
It is that all cowardice hides in the mind, and without a "safe" mind to hide in, all cowardice becomes exposed.
I had nowhere to hide anymore.
The last place on earth I could go for "refuge" from this reality had become the scariest place on earth.
The mind is where every coward goes, and from where every coward is exposed.


Next post will touch on Desteni and Destiny..

No comments:

Post a Comment